Since I was a kid I have always been afraid of the water and swimming. If the water was deeper than I was tall there was no chance in hell I’d go into it. We would take beach vacations as a kid and I was always content to sit on the beach and watch everyone else enjoy the water. As I got older I would start to venture into the water, but rarely would I go past the water being up to my chest. This blog post is about going into the deep end. What does this have to do with chiropractic you may be thinking? Please read on…. Continue reading
Have you ever wondered if chiropractic is safe for seniors? I love this question because the answer is a resounding YES! Chiropractic and seniors go together like peanut butter and jelly….It just works! I love working with seniors and love seeing the results they experience. My oldest patient to date is 104 years old! I have many patients that are in their 80’s and above. Let take a look at some of the benefits that seniors experience from chiropractic care. Continue reading
Do you have a spine? The answer is yes, everyone with a spine needs a chiropractor in their life, this also includes animal by the way. BUT, here is a a list of 5 people who need a chiropractor and it should be non debate-able.
1) Parents, particularly new moms. Being a parent is the most challenging work on the planet. It’s emotionally, mentally and physically exhausting. Especially for moms. For new moms it is difficult. New moms are sleep deprived, nursing, and carrying around baby carriers all day. If you are a parent, please come get adjusted. You most likely don’t even realize how bad you actually feel because you are just trying to get through the day. Let’s get the stress off your body, increase your energy and get you back to being super parent!
2) Students. When you are spending hours upon hours looking at a textbook or computer screen all day, you are going to have problems. Neck pain, headaches, fatigue, shoulder pain and poor posture come from being a full-time student. Studying is great for your brain, but not great for your body. Students of all ages love chiropractic and feel so much better after adjustments. Feeling better leads to performing better!
3) Desk Jockeys. Do you spend most of your day seated at a desk? If so see #2 above. It’s the same situation. We are not designed to sit as long as we do. The average American desk worker spends 13 hours a day sitting!! That hurts just to think about! Sitting creates low back pain, neck pain, hip pain and sciatica. Chiropractic can help with all of those and then some.
4) Athletes. If you want to keep yourself in the game and performing at your best you need a chiropractor in your life. When you do get injured, if you have been well adjusted we can get you through injuries pretty quick. Whether you are a weekend warrior or a professional athlete, get adjusted!
5) Physical Laborers. Talk about a physically demanding job! I see people in my office that lift furniture, boxes, steel pipes and other objects all day long. Then they are bending over into spaces not designed for humans or holding camera equipment on their backs and the list goes on and on. And if you have a physically demanding job chiropractic care will help you maintain longevity in that career. I have a patient who has been an iron worker for 20 years and has been receiving chiropractic adjustments for half of that time. He says he has coworkers who are in and out of the job all the time because of injuries or they have to take an early retirement. This will not be the case for this particular patient because he is PRO ACTIVE!
Everyone who wants to be healthy and strong needs a chiropractor. These are the 5 types of people who need a chiropractor the most, based on what I have seen with my patients over the last 12 years in practice. If you fall into one of these categories and you need help, please call me at 773-545-9379.
Yours in Health,
Dr. Steven Bourdage
Have you ever went into a Doctors office and felt extremely uncomfortable even while just sitting in the waiting room? Maybe you didn’t even get a “Hello” from the staff? It’s really unfortunate but medicine is performed in an environment that is not very healing. Most of the time when you walk in to a doctors office the first words you hear are “I need your ID and insurance card”. The whole process can be very un-nerving. For healing to take place, a connection is needed. Healing is a connection.
At my office we strive and excel at making your experience much different. We are grateful and appreciative you chose our office. I understand that healing comes from trust and confidence in not only your doctor, but in their staff as well. We treat everyone like family.
When you are sick, injured or in pain I understand that is a scary experience. Getting help or relief should be the opposite of scary. It should be warm, welcoming, and relaxed.
If you have not been to our office, or if you have been putting of getting care because you are scared or have had a bad experience in another Doctor’s office, rest assured you will find our office much different. Give me a call at 773-545-9379 and let’s get you back on the road to better health.
Dr. Steven Bourdage
More than ever people don’t have time for all the things they want to do. With our dwindling time it is more important than ever to make sure we allot enough time for the things that are most important. What is on that list will most likely be different for everyone. Do you have a list of the things that are most valuable to you? Continue reading
There are so many reasons why I love what I do. I’d like to open up my heart and share some of the reasons why i love chiropractic. Continue reading
As people age there are certain muscles that tend to lose strength and others that tend to get tight. We see this consistently in people that do not exercise. Being that we see this pattern consistently, it makes sense that we should be proactive in addressing this. If we can work on strengthening the muscles that get weak and keep the muscles that get tight flexible, we can then in turn slow down aging. Continue reading
Let’s be honest, there are more like 100 reasons, but for the sake of time here are the top 10 reasons you need a chiropractor in your life RIGHT NOW!
If you need a chiropractor in the Chicago or Lincolnwood area I would love to be YOUR chiropractor! Give me call 773-545-9379
Dr. Steven Bourdage