Chiropractic is used by many people to treat a long list of symptoms. Some people, though, still think of a chiropractor as a back doctor exclusively. This is not the case. So, when should you see a chiropractor?Well, there are many different conditions that a chiropractor can help with. We’ll discuss some of those conditions in today’s article.
Conditions That A Good Chiropractor Can Help You Treat:
- Neck Pain: Your neck is the starting point of your spine and it should not be surprising to find that chiropractors treat neck pain. Just as acute lower back pain can be debilitating, so too, can chronic neck pain.
- Sports Injuries: From leg injuries to tennis elbow, an experienced chiropractor can help athletes and amateur sports enthusiasts overcome the kinds of discomfort and injuries which keep them from performing at their highest levels.
- Headache Solutions: Many people don’t realize that a chiropractor can help with headaches. Many of the treatments that chiropractors offer help to relieve the pressure that leads to headaches, relieves stresses at the root of tension headaches, and can even help with migraines and cluster headaches.
- Pregnancy Discomfort: Though not all chiropractors offer this service, many women have found chiropractic care especially helpful during the middle to later stages of pregnancy. Not only can a well-trained chiropractor offer non-medication headache solutions and neck pain treatment during this sometimes difficult period, they can often help relieve some of the discomfort associated with the sciatica—one of the most common problems women approaching their due dates face.
- Allergies: Yes, that’s right. Most people don’t ever consider allergies, but studies show that chiropractic care can help relieve many of the symptoms of allergies. Chiropractors can help with allergies by reducing stress to the nervous system, enhancing immune system functions by removing subluxations, and supporting your general health. It is the nerve interference associated with the subluxation that causes the nerve system to be hyper excitable, causing increased sensitivity to allergens (things in the environment or foods) that start the allergic reaction.
- Fatigue: Many studies now show that chiropractic care helps improve energy levels and make chiropractic patients feel more alert and revitalized. Chiropractic care can even help those suffering from ailments such as fibromyalgia.
- Overall Health and Diet: Chiropractors study much more than just back pain, and can do more than offer you a pain targeted massage. Most chiropractors also study nutrition and can help patients improve their overall health by aiding them in designing healthier, more effective diets.
Put simply, a 21st Century chiropractor is much more than just a back doctor. If you have pain or discomfort, have recently experienced a traumatic injury from an automobile accident, or simply want to optimize your lifestyle for better overall health and vitality, then you should definitely consider seeing a chiropractor.
Have you been treated by a chiropractor for any of the conditions mentioned in this article? Leave comments below!