We have a lot of new patients come into the office with questions like, “How long do I need to see a Chiropractor?” or “How long do I have to come for adjustments?” My answer to this question is in the form of a question: “How long do you want to take care of your spine and nervous system?”. In this article I will share my recommendations, but how long you choose to receive chiropractic care and get adjusted is up to you.
Let me start out by asking you a few more questions.
- When will you stop going to the dentist?
- When will you stop eating healthy?
- When will you stop exercising?
- You don’t HAVE to do these things forever, but it is a good idea that you do…isn’t it? It is the same with chiropractic adjustments. Removing spinal stress and subluxations is a healthy habit.
- My Recommendation
- I choose to get adjusted for the rest of my life (read my related article “How Often Do Chiropractors Get Adjusted” to learn how often I get adjusted). My family and daughter also will get adjusted their whole lives as will most of my patients. When is it ever a good idea to not take care of your spine?
- If at any point a person decides they do not want to get adjusted, that is their decision. I understand things come up in life that may prevent you from putting your health as a priority. It happens to all of us, myself included. I’m always here for people if they change their minds. It is my job to serve the people, teach people about health, and to help people be pro-active instead of reactive.
- Misconception vs. Reality
- I think the biggest misconception about chiropractic is that people go forever because the original problem that brought them in never goes away. This could not be further from the truth. People choose to continue on with care past symptom relief because they realize that when they get adjusted regularly not only do they feel better, but they are much healthier.
I hear the success stories everyday. People sleep better, have more energy, allergies disappear, bed wetting stops, digestion improves, and on and on.
- We provide a loving, healing, environment for our practice members. Please understand we are here to serve you. If you just want to get out of pain and are not interested in lifetime wellness, that is not a problem, I can help you. If you are looking for a long term plan to achieve optimal wellness I can help you with that too. It is my job to help you achieve your goal and to teach you that you can have more, and expect more out of your body and your health.
- Your Turn
- How often do you currently visit a chiropractor? Leave comments below!