Why We Are Different
Here at Bourdage Chiropractic we see all different types of conditions. One of my favorite conditions to work with is herniated discs. Chiropractic and herniated discs go together like peanut butter and jelly. As soon as you hear, “you have a herniated disc” the first thing you should think about is seeing your chiropractor.
It’s a brand new year and with a new start many people are making health goals right now. It’s great to have health goals. The problem is, statistics show most people do not stick to them. This blog is not about helping you stick to your goals. I can’t help you stick to your goals. That has to come from within yourself. I’d like to introduce you to a different mindset to help you. Continue reading
There are 3 main reasons people come to a chiropractors office and they can be summed up as the 3 P’s. Please read on to see if you have been taking full advantage of all the reasons people visit a chiropractor. Continue reading
Have you ever wondered if chiropractic is safe for seniors? I love this question because the answer is a resounding YES! Chiropractic and seniors go together like peanut butter and jelly….It just works! I love working with seniors and love seeing the results they experience. My oldest patient to date is 104 years old! I have many patients that are in their 80’s and above. Let take a look at some of the benefits that seniors experience from chiropractic care. Continue reading
Do you have a spine? The answer is yes, everyone with a spine needs a chiropractor in their life, this also includes animal by the way. BUT, here is a a list of 5 people who need a chiropractor and it should be non debate-able.
1) Parents, particularly new moms. Being a parent is the most challenging work on the planet. It’s emotionally, mentally and physically exhausting. Especially for moms. For new moms it is difficult. New moms are sleep deprived, nursing, and carrying around baby carriers all day. If you are a parent, please come get adjusted. You most likely don’t even realize how bad you actually feel because you are just trying to get through the day. Let’s get the stress off your body, increase your energy and get you back to being super parent!
2) Students. When you are spending hours upon hours looking at a textbook or computer screen all day, you are going to have problems. Neck pain, headaches, fatigue, shoulder pain and poor posture come from being a full-time student. Studying is great for your brain, but not great for your body. Students of all ages love chiropractic and feel so much better after adjustments. Feeling better leads to performing better!
3) Desk Jockeys. Do you spend most of your day seated at a desk? If so see #2 above. It’s the same situation. We are not designed to sit as long as we do. The average American desk worker spends 13 hours a day sitting!! That hurts just to think about! Sitting creates low back pain, neck pain, hip pain and sciatica. Chiropractic can help with all of those and then some.
4) Athletes. If you want to keep yourself in the game and performing at your best you need a chiropractor in your life. When you do get injured, if you have been well adjusted we can get you through injuries pretty quick. Whether you are a weekend warrior or a professional athlete, get adjusted!
5) Physical Laborers. Talk about a physically demanding job! I see people in my office that lift furniture, boxes, steel pipes and other objects all day long. Then they are bending over into spaces not designed for humans or holding camera equipment on their backs and the list goes on and on. And if you have a physically demanding job chiropractic care will help you maintain longevity in that career. I have a patient who has been an iron worker for 20 years and has been receiving chiropractic adjustments for half of that time. He says he has coworkers who are in and out of the job all the time because of injuries or they have to take an early retirement. This will not be the case for this particular patient because he is PRO ACTIVE!
Everyone who wants to be healthy and strong needs a chiropractor. These are the 5 types of people who need a chiropractor the most, based on what I have seen with my patients over the last 12 years in practice. If you fall into one of these categories and you need help, please call me at 773-545-9379.
Yours in Health,
Dr. Steven Bourdage
Have you ever went into a Doctors office and felt extremely uncomfortable even while just sitting in the waiting room? Maybe you didn’t even get a “Hello” from the staff? It’s really unfortunate but medicine is performed in an environment that is not very healing. Most of the time when you walk in to a doctors office the first words you hear are “I need your ID and insurance card”. The whole process can be very un-nerving. For healing to take place, a connection is needed. Healing is a connection.
At my office we strive and excel at making your experience much different. We are grateful and appreciative you chose our office. I understand that healing comes from trust and confidence in not only your doctor, but in their staff as well. We treat everyone like family.
When you are sick, injured or in pain I understand that is a scary experience. Getting help or relief should be the opposite of scary. It should be warm, welcoming, and relaxed.
If you have not been to our office, or if you have been putting of getting care because you are scared or have had a bad experience in another Doctor’s office, rest assured you will find our office much different. Give me a call at 773-545-9379 and let’s get you back on the road to better health.
Dr. Steven Bourdage
More than ever people don’t have time for all the things they want to do. With our dwindling time it is more important than ever to make sure we allot enough time for the things that are most important. What is on that list will most likely be different for everyone. Do you have a list of the things that are most valuable to you? Continue reading
Let’s be honest, there are more like 100 reasons, but for the sake of time here are the top 10 reasons you need a chiropractor in your life RIGHT NOW!
If you need a chiropractor in the Chicago or Lincolnwood area I would love to be YOUR chiropractor! Give me call 773-545-9379
Dr. Steven Bourdage
I attended a recent workshop by a local Orthopedic surgeon. It was a very informative session. The topic discussed was new procedures for the knee and shoulder joints. The procedures he discussed are new, non-surgical alternatives for people who are still having pain after trying natural methods to heal first. This was a great workshop because most surgeons like to do surgery. This was a surgeon discussing ways to help people avoid surgery. Modern medicine has realized that people want less invasive and more natural methods to healing. People are more educated than ever and they realize that just numbing something or cutting it out is not going to fix the problem!
This blog post is going to be about something the orthopedic surgeon said that I will never forget. He said, “The system is set up so that all roads lead to surgery.” He went on to explain that if you enter the medical system with a pain, the protocol is to prescribe muscle relaxers, pain killers or anti-inflammatories. Or in most cases, some combination of 2 or 3 of these. If this does not help someone to feel better then you continue the medications and start physical therapy. He said this is where the issues begin. Not because of physical therapy, but because of physical therapy while on medications. Taking these medications which interfere with your pain perception, your tissues are not in their normal states. Now you are doing these exercises that can be causing further damage, but you can’t feel it! The pain is there as a protective mechanism. If you can’t feel the pain you may be working beyond the limits that you should be. Therefore, this leads to more problems. If this fails, this is when you end up on the surgeon’s table.
I am writing about this because chiropractic offers a different route. We embrace the pain. We figure out why you are having pain and then work to correct that, not just merely cover it up. If you are looking to avoid surgery and get healthier without the use of medications, I am here for you!
Have you gone down this route that has led to surgery? Would you do it again? I’d love to hear more about it in the comments below.