10 Symptoms Helped by Chiropractic
People seek the help of a chiropractor for many reasons. Most people associate chiropractic with pain relief, and yes chiropractic helps tremendously with pain, but it also helps with so much more! Below is a list of some of the most common issues or symptoms I see improve in my office here in Chicago through chiropractic care.
- Headaches – Most headaches are the result of mis-alignments in the neck which causes muscles tension and nerve pressure. Relieving that pressure by restoring normal alignment helps those that suffer with headaches tremendously. Headaches are the second most common reason people seek chiropractic care here at Bourdage Chiropractic.
- Numbness and Tingling – Pressure on nerves creates numbness and tingling. This can happen in the lower back which causes numbness and tingling into the leg and/or foot. Or it can also happen in the neck causing numbness and tingling in the arm and/or hand. It is important to get to the root cause of the pressure which is in the spine in most cases.
- Colic – The birthing process can be traumatic an the newborns spine. Oftentimes stress to the spine of the newborn results in colic. If you have ever been around a colicky baby, you know how stressful this can be. Simple, gentle adjustments can relieve the tension and help the little ones feel better, digest better, and sleep better!
- Asthma – This is why I am a chiropractor! Watch the video on our homepage to learn more about my story.
- Fatigue – Stress, pain, and tension all lead to fatigue or lack of energy. When you are feeling better you have more energy…it’s as simple as that.
- Allergies – Allergies are one of the 10 symptoms helped by chiropractic that is often the most surprising to people. When someone experiences allergies it is because the immune system is reacting to something that it deems to be an invader, but it shouldn’t. Examples would be dust, pet dander, pollen, etc… This immune reaction is under the control of the nervous system. Stress on the spine is stress on the nervous system. By alleviating that stress with chiropractic care allergies improve!
- Digestion – Very similar to allergies, the nervous system that controls our digestion comes from the middle back area. Many people have tension, stress and mis-alignments in this part of the spine because of poor posture.
- Weight Loss – More energy means more exercise and more weight loss!
- Insomnia – Most people who have a difficult time sleeping at night have a nervous system that is wound tight and on edge. Chiropractic adjustments help the body and mind to relax, which leads to longer and more restful sleep.
- Balance – As people age they can lose their sense of balance. This can become a very serous issue as falls lead to many health problems including broken hips. By keeping your spine and particularly your pelvis in alignment your balance will improve.
These 10 Symptoms Helped by Chiropractic are just a small snippet and not a complete list of ALL the things I see improve, but these are the most common! If you or a loved one are having any issues give us a call and let’s get you feeling and functioning better!