Headaches are the second most common reason people come to my office and seek chiropractic care. We have AMAZING success with headaches because we find the underlying root cause of the headaches and work to CORRECT that. This ensures not only that your headaches improve, but also that they don’t return.
Headaches can be extremely debilitating. Whether they are migraine headaches or tension headaches, they can cause fatigue, crankiness, and lack of energy. When you are in pain and not feeling your best, it can be hard to focus and be productive at work. Don’t let his happen to you, chiropractic can help!
If you are sick and tired of having to take medications for you headaches, which only temporarily reduce your symptoms, but do NOTHING for correcting your problem, come see us. There is hope. You CAN feel better!
March 31, 2016
This was the title of a recent article that came out on NBC news. You can view the article here: Back Surgery
Most people who have a back surgery end up needing a second one later on, and in many cases even after 2 surgeries these people are in just as much pain, if not more than before. Continue reading
In the past two weeks there has been a lot of people suffering from shoulder pain in Chicago. The reason I know is because, as a chiropractor, there has been a huge influx of patients with shoulder pain coming into my office. Let’s discuss this further. Continue reading
Have you ever wondered “Why do chiropractors take X-rays?” Or, have you considered going to see a chiropractor, but are worried because your chiropractor may recommend X-rays? Some people feel X-rays may not be needed for their case. Let’s discuss these concerns. Continue reading
Neck pain relief is becoming more and more important here in Chicago. The reason being is we are under more stress than ever. We are spending more time than ever in front of computers, mobile devices and other electronics and this plays a major role in why people are having neck pain and seeking neck pain relief. Continue reading
I’d like to share a success story with you that occurred with one of our patients here in the office. It is very often that I am asked if “Restoring your posture with chiropractic is possible or not?” This particular case will demonstrate that not only does chiropractic restore your posture, it can change your life! Continue reading
Many people seek out chiropractic after being in a car accident. A recent study performed at Yale demonstrated that accidents at 8.2 mph create enough change to the body to create injury and cause damage Continue reading
It’s time to start preparing for winter. For many, the winter months become a time of hibernation, inactivity, excess consumption and unhealthy habits. This does not have to be the case. You are still either creating health or destroying health no matter what the weather is doing. Winter is a great time to continue to build upon your health.
Have you ever wondered why the “cold and flu season” happens in the winter? Do you think it is because these cold and flu viruses are dormant and all of a sudden become active once it’s cold outside? No, these bugs are always around and always invading us, the difference is in the winter most people are run down, stressed and not following through on their healthy habits therefore making them more prone to becoming sick.
Here is what I will be doing to prepare for and stay healthy this winter:
1) Get adjusted — Keeping your spine healthy and free of intereference is a great way to keep your body healthy and resistant against infection. A nervous system without stress is a nervous system that is adaptable to the health challenges of winter. I get adjusted on average once a week.
2) Get fresh air (even if it’s cold) — Most people are vitamin D deficient during the winter because you may go 3 months without ever seeing the sun! This is common, but it is not normal. Bundle up and go out side for a walk. Walking in the winter is actually a lot of fun! There are much less people out and about and you get to enjoy some silence and maybe even get to listen to the snow falling!
3) Take Vitamins D and C — We already talked about Vitamin D above as a way to stay healthy this winter. I add in extra Vitamin D and C in the form of vitamins to help give my immune system a natural boost to fight off the potential invaders.
4) Winter exercise — Try a new activity. Most people in the winter are not getting enough exercise. Besides going for a walk, try ice skating, sledding, snow shoeing, or skiing. Use the snow and cold as a chance to enjoy a sport or activity that can only be performed in the snow and cold. If the outdoors are not for you during this time, then make a commitment to try a new activity this winter. Try something that will get you excited and test your body in a new way.
5) Relax — Stress during the holidays and winter is normally at an all time high. RELAX! Take time for yourself, don’t over-spend, over-eat or over-drink. Have some fun, life is meant to be enjoyed.
The winter is a great time to supercharge your health! Follow the steps above and let this be not only your healthiest winter yet, let it be the springboard to your healthiest year EVER!
I love sharing success stories, here is one about a knee. A practice member who I’ve known for a while came in one day and was very stressed and concerned. After we got to talking she told me her knee was really bothering her and it was preventing her from working out. Working out is her life, she is in amazing shape and trains at least 4-5 days a week with intensity. She said she was at her wits end with her knee and was getting ready to see an orthopedic surgeon. I took a look at her knee and was able to diagnose what was going on. Continue reading